If you are visiting Sweden on a conference trip and are a citizen of a non-EU country, you may need a visa.
Requirements for obtaining a visa
If you wish to visit Sweden and the other Schengen countries, you must have:
- a passport that is valid for a minimum of three months after your visa has expired and which has been issued in the last ten-year period
- an invitation from the organisation arranging the conference
- money for your keep and for the journey home. Sweden requires that you have SEK 450 for each day spent in Sweden. In certain circumstances, this amount may be lower, for example, if the cost of food and accommodation is paid in advance. You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds for your keep with the help, for example, of bank statements
- individual medical travel insurance which covers the costs which could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalisation or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid in all the Schengen country.
Additional information can be found on the Swedish Migration Office web site.
We will gladly issue letters supporting a visa application to registered participants.
Visa invitation letters will only be issued to:
- people the organization knows (notification by one of the member included in the organization of the event/conference is required).
- committee members;
- attendees who have paid their registration fee in full.
Letters cannot be issued for accompanying persons, even if they have paid the accompanying person ticket, if available.
Applying for an invitation letter
To request an invitation letter, please send an email to email@example.com specifying in the body of the mail the following data:
- Full name (as written in the passport)
- Place and date of birth
- Gender (Female/Male)
- Passport number
- Affiliation: organization/company name and position within the organization
- Telephone number and email
- Your role in the conference: speaker/presenter, attendee, committee member, etc.
- Name of session/paper/poster you are speaking/presenting (if applicable)
Electronic letters will be issued promptly upon verification of paid registration. Original signed letter via regular mail has to be previously required.
Invitation letters will state the following facts:
- Conference dates, title, location
- Whether the requester is a committee member, speaker, presenter or attendee
- The requester has paid the required registration fee in full
Invitation letters will not be issued to requesters who have not previously paid the registration fee.